Misty Benoit Photography

 




  Click, snap, shot; golden core memory locked in every family’s heart shaped box…

Misty Benoit, lifestyle photographer, photographs core candidness that cascades over wispy fields and into hospital rooms. She captures precious moments like a sun catcher catching timed glory. Those moments are gracefully adorned with swaddled newborns. They also timestamp the golden glow of a true love’s kiss at the altar and a senior’s tilt of their graduation cap.

Pictures are continuously snapped that celebrate the essence of maternity, loving families, newborns, weddings, seniors, birthdays, and boudoir.

With every click of Misty’s camera, Sarah Benoit, Sister-in-law, and assistant, helps with preparations of a photoshoot and to cue children to smile with sweet genuineness.

“She’s been helping me for years. The kids love her. They light up when they see her,” Misty said.

Before Misty gained an assistant and held a camera in her hand steadily, temporal jobs were in view. Her camera sat on a table until she saw herself in the lens of God’s true calling…photography.

“I got my first camera when my oldest child was about five years old. I was in my early twenties when I started playing around with photography. I advertised and did a lot of free sessions until I felt comfortable. I did a class with a photographer, and she taught me a few things. Then, I started working and stopped doing photography,” Misty stated.

When Misty’s youngest daughter, Brynlee, came into the glorious viewfinder, so did her previous ambition of photography. She willfully stepped forward and positioned herself behind the camera full-time.

“What made me push forward with photography is when I got pregnant with my daughter. She was my saving grace. I was more successful than the first time around. It’s like life brought me back to it,” Misty said.

Therefore, Misty’s family has become a part of the photography album of togetherness and beautiful bonding.

“My youngest daughter, Brynlee, and my son, Tysen, are with me all day. That is really important to me. My oldest children, Caden and Connor, were in daycare, and I missed out on a lot. This allows me to be with them. That’s why I’m so appreciative when people book with me because they’re letting me fulfill my dreams,” Misty stated.

Misty’s family has gathered around her in a picturesque scene of loving assistance and support.

"From the beginning, my husband, Jared, was very helpful. He’d build my props for me. When I was nine months pregnant with my son, he’d help with setting up and taking down props. He’s very supportive,” Misty said.

“Caden, my oldest child, helps a lot with my photography. He was in bunny costume the whole Easter season,” she added.

Misty’s children are frequently frolicking in the field close to her home as she conducts seasonal mini sessions. They help hold bunnies for Spring pictures, assist with other duties, and experience Mom’s pure eye for sincere scenes.

The mini sessions are affordable and time managed, making pictures an ease for families with babies and toddlers. Her monthly “minis” also prompts families to stay consistent with treasured photos that are forever displayed in “heart boxes”.

“Every month I gear a mini session to a particular holiday/ season. People like holiday photos, especially with little ones. You want to capture that picture every holiday,” Misty said.

The mini sessions snap sentiments that sway in an outside vista under antique trees or nestle in a cozy inside environment.

With all sessions that Misty provides, she assists with posing and attire for timeless organic pictures. In turn, adoring pictures fill phones with soft smiles or refine shelves with toddler cheek dimples.

“If people ask me to help with their attire, I will. I’ll recommend white or neutral colors with some depth. If I do a family session, I’ll ask them to send me a picture of your outfits. Then, from there, I can picture where I want to go and coordinate with it,” Misty stated.

“I love candid shots – looking at each other and talking. My photography is natural and relaxed. Also, a sunset field session is my favorite,” she added.

For senior or more ornate sessions, Misty will often venture to Downtown Thibodaux with her camera. Senior portraits and candidness are also captured at Nicholls State University with full bloomed flowers being the backdrop.

Misty artfully and consciously fashions surroundings for an array of families and even children that are autistic. With natural nuances present in her pictures, a sense of freedom and lightheartedness are captured.

“I like to give another option for disabled or Autistic children. I’ve learned you can’t be forceful. I just let them play and it’s amazing the pictures you get,” Misty said.

Misty's photography imprints the importance of printed and saved pictures. Her photographs are stilled with featured natural beauty.

“I took pictures of a family for Christmas. They brought their great-great grandma who was one hundred and five. She just recently passed away. The family messaged me and said, ‘We are so glad we took pictures because now, we have pictures with her.’ It’s a memory in time that will never change,” Misty stated.

“I hope families feel happiness when they look back on the memories and relive that moment. You don’t realize how important pictures are,” she added.

When God led Misty back to her featured calling of photography, she has continuously snapped, clicked, and edited pictures of raw romanticism and ageless value. Every snap of her camera exhibits charming authenticity. Her clients value and appreciate her talented eye for relaxed and unpressured pictures.

“There are so many reasons I love photography. I get freedom and financial stability, which is a plus, but that’s not everything. When clients message me and say, ‘I’m in tears and I love them so much!’ It makes me feel good. It’s special,” Misty ended.


Misty Benoit Photography Contact Information:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mistybenoitprofessionalphotography

Website: https://misty-benoit-photography.square.site

Email: mistybenoit@outlook.com

Phone number: 985-324-9988







Comments

Popular Posts